2021 AAA Department Leaders Summer Institute
Date: June 14 18, 2021
The pandemic has upended expectations on what it takes to teach, engage, and connect with students and faculty alike. Join your peers in a virtual environment to share best practices and envision a way forward into this new hybrid era.
Our next Department Leaders Summer Institute will be held on June 14–18, online. Discussion topics will include:
- COVID Check-in: How can we support one another in a post-vaccine world?
- Making the case for anthropology: How to think like an administrator, and how to get what you want
- Working with faculty: Mentoring junior colleagues, handling difficult personalities
- How to leverage interdisciplinary connections to make your new curriculum succeed
- Learning the ropes: A session for new / incoming chairs
- Articulation between two- and four-year schools
- How to create and sustain community partnerships off campus
- How to manage your budget for equitable faculty working conditions
- Creating and assessing student learning outcomes, for program review and other purposes
- Does it count for tenure? How to encourage public and community-based scholarship
For more information, please visit the event page on our website